The La Rousse Box is beautiful with or without an engraving. But if you're looking for a special way to personalize your box with a meaningful message, you can purchase any glass box in additional to the personalized glass etching add-on. Here are some ideas to get you rolling:
FAMILY & NOSTALGIA
Fill the box with old photos, snapshots of the kids, and Instax polaroids.
Download "La Joie de Vivre" template here.
The "If I know what love is, it's because of you" (Herman Hesse) box is available for purchase here.
More ideas for little ones:
- "Every child is an artist." - Picasso (fill with kid's paintings and drawings!)
- Scan your child's own handwriting with a special message to mom, dad, or grandma. Would be perfect for birthdays, Mother's Day, or Father's Day!
BOUDOIR, WEDDING & ENGAGEMENT
Quotes about love, phrases in other languages, latitude and longitude of where you met or where you live: these are all thoughtful personalizations that will make their heart melt.
Download the "take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic" here (from a poem by Marty McConnell)
The "i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart)" box is available for purchase here.
Above image by Minerva House
More quotes about love:
- "We were together. I forget the rest." - Walt Whitman
- "It was always you."
Above image by Written Word Calligraphy
More quote ideas for travel:
- "As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to happen." - Winnie the Pooh
- "The entire universe is inside you." - Rumi
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How do I create my own design?
- You'll need to upload your design, so first work on designing your artwork in Photoshop or similar program.
- Start by creating a new blank file. The file should be the size of the box you want engraved (for example 7 inches wide by 5 inches tall) with a resolution of at least 300 dpi.
- Use only black text on a white background.
- Save the file as a png or psd and upload it here. Then add it to your cart.
What are your favorite fonts to use?
your own handwriting: if you write out your word or message with a bold black marker on a white piece of paper, we can put it on a box! jpeg format works.
modern: Perpetua (usually already installed on your computer - my go to font for upper case and lower case).
script: Creative Market has so many fonts to choose from. Run Wild, Red Velvet, and Jenna Jenkins are all great for script.
Keep in mind that the La Rousse Box doesn't have to be used for photos! Though that was its original intent, it can also store jewelry, postcards, vintage stamps, love notes, children's artwork or cards, ticket stubs or other keepsakes, bits of flower petals from your wedding bouquet...the list goes on! As they say: the possibilities are endless.
Use the code "PERSONALIZE" to get $10 off your first personalized glass etching.
P.s. If you have any ideas not listed here, please comment below! We'd love to hear from you.